This day in history
In the United States, Flag Day (more formally, National Flag Day) is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened that day by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.
In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation that officially established June 14 as Flag Day; in August 1949, National Flag Day was established by an Act of Congress.
Flag Day is not an official federal holiday, though on June 14, 1937 Pennsylvania became the first (and only) U.S. state to celebrate Flag Day as a state holiday.
Funny and Scary:
- Amp’d Mobile files for bankruptcy after 1/2 of their subscribers don’t pay their bills
- Happen to need an industrial can-opener?
- I like a good thrill ride from time to time, but this is taking it a step too far
- Have you ever used PowerPoint? Ever been in a meeting where someone had BAD slides? This guy gives you steps on how NOT to use PowerPoint
Haffey came up big this past week with an OUTSTANDING link to a couple very useful sites:
- Windows XP Post SP2 Update Pack, which let’s you update your media with the latest updates to save time after building machine by not having to patch them. It also has some other add-on tools that are pretty cool.
- The other site is tlbox, which is a great repository of various tools (in our link we have focused on System Admins, but there are others to choose from) that you can integrate into Firefox. Kudos to you, sir, for the awesome links.
I have some friends that are really into Guitar Hero, so the next two links are all about them. If you are into GH, you are welcome to enjoy them as well.
- Guitar Hero rocks the 80s?? Get out of town.
- How about using your Guitar Hero “axe” to make music you can save on your PC? Just, wow.
Apple iPhone… June 29th… 6pm… local time.
The Colts received their SuperBowl Champion rings last night.
Blast from the past:
I really wanna go see if there are some episodes of this I can get, I used to watch it all the time. heh