I like when Wednesdays feel like Tuesdays.. that means that on “Friday” I won’t have to come into work.
Couple neato tech things:
- WiFi hedgehog? Yea, that’s cool.. especially if you live in a dorm or apartment with a bunch of open WiFi networks nearby.
- Nvidia is set to release software to allow your GPU to take over some cycles from your CPU when it is bored.
- Google has launched its new “Street View” feature for Google Maps… interesting.
- Apple releases iTunes 7.2.. to prepare for iTunes Plus (DRM Free music)
- Microsoft announces… well, just go look.. Surface
Alright, on to our Wednesday feature..
LIFE CHANGING TIPS AND TRICKS!!!!
Hot on the heels of the May 9 update on how to sleep on a hot night, How to stop brain freeze! It is the season for cold treats, so take the time to read this over and avoid the dreaded BRAIN FREEZE!
I have been using Geni.com for sometime to record my family tree.. it’s a great site with a ton of really nice tools/features.
Here is there latest feature add-ons:
- Four new tree views: Calendar, Map, Index, and Discussion
- Photo Tagging, Enhanced Privacy, and Tweaks to existing features
- Family Friends!
If you are into genealogy and might be thinking about putting your info into a system to help organize it.. I encourage you to try out Geni.com and let me know so we can be family friends. Oh, one last note from the genealogy end… someone that posts at the Geni.com site wrote a good guide on how to use social networking sites to find relatives.
How about a quick movie review? Alright, we took Carson to go see Shrek the Third. It was really good, the whole family enjoyed it. They did very well at moving the story along from the first two movies using enough of the old schtick and characters from the previous flicks, while introducing a good amount of new material too keep it fresh. I often see movies in the theater and think that I would’ve been better off waiting to rent it for home viewing. Shrek the Third did not fall into that category. I will also be buying a copy to watch a few more times at home.
Finally a couple of vids:
John Stewart exposes the “Under Investigation” saying.
And PTI on ESPN features internet-style video clips… lol